G n'T Style

I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex man (O.W.)

You are here:

The Visibility Cloak

Hello my fellow followers!!

Today I give you something very, very, very special!!

Here is what I call the “Visibility Cloak”, this is quite something, it’s the italian take of the classic cloak, it’s called Tabarro. This particular one is made by the italian company “Tabarrificio Veneto“, the one I wear is the Nobilomo (Nobleman, Aristocrat)

Just to understand how important this Tabarro is, you should know that the italian composer Giacomo Puccini ( yep, it’s the chap who composed the Boheme and the Tosca, go figure…) named one of is job after this garment.

But enough of Mr. Professor here, let me focus on the outfit.

I admit, It was love at first sight, yes I know it’s one of those things that either you love it or you hate it without compromise. Well… I am one of those that loves it!

You can almost wear it on every kind of outfit (classic, sport, casual, you name it), I’ve also discovered something peculiar about it, people love it!! I wear it almost regularly now and every where I go people keep telling me how cool this cloak is, especially beautiful ladies, if you don’t mind me say so. ;)

The cloak is black of course, my jeans aren’t exactly colourful either, waistcoat… black again, scarf… black yet again, so I thought that a Tudor Red jacket was needed.

The waistcoat is one of my design as usual, this one is made with a beautiful black cashmere wool with a red silk back.

Shoes are in a lovely shade of tobacco brown.

Did I tell you all? Not at all!! You should check the photos as usual ;)

Now, YOU tell me what do you think about this outfit!

take care

-James Bond Casino Royale Limited Edition-

Posted by: Gntstyle

Related articles

10 Comments

• lisalatrosieme

December 31, 2012 - 1:00 pm Reply

Caro Gian ti faccio tantissimi auguri per questo 2013 alle porte! Che sia ricco di soddisfazioni e sorrisi, personali e professionali!!!

Un abbraccio
    L3

PS: bellissima la giacca in rosso, te le fregherei ;)

• GnTstyle

January 8, 2013 - 12:56 am Reply

Grazie mille Lisa,

Buon anno anche a te, Robert e la panciotta!!

Un caro saluto
      Gian
      Consultant Style Advisor

• laniersmith

December 31, 2012 - 5:17 pm Reply

You look magnifico, sontuoso e maestoso! in the outfit. I love the cloak, so dramatic and a real statement of “I am here!” Love it. I also think the red jacket is stunning with the cloak and your waistcoat is absolutely elegant. And one more thing Gian, Happy New Year.

• GnTstyle

January 8, 2013 - 12:58 am Reply

Have a great year yourself!

what can I say? You are too kind and I just can’t thank you enough for your kind words!

Cheers

Buon anno a te Elle

Un caro saluto
      Gian
      Consultant Style Advisor

• Frank Duivenvoorde

January 23, 2013 - 10:22 am Reply

A big compliment for your wonderful and careful chosen combination. I am deligthed to see for the first time -by coincidence- pictures of a young man wearing a tabarro on the internet since the prejudice is that capes are – if not only for women – than only for weird strange old men. Let’s be honest : most men are not hero enough to wear the cape. On the other side : let’s also be grateful for that since it is remains that way a fashion item you can distinguish with. I wear also ( as a man) Italian tabarro’s because I consider them as the most stylish and elegant fashion-item – because they are timeless – I have in my wardrobe and have the same experience as you by the way : most are deligthed to see it back again. You did gave me some new ideas for how to make good combinations. Indeed it goes very well with the jeans and this wonderful red jacket.

• GnTstyle

January 26, 2013 - 5:28 pm Reply

What can I say Frank?

Thank you for your kind words!!!!

I’m honored and flattered by your kindness

Take Care
      Gian
      Consultant Style Advisor

• Miss Ayo Délé

February 13, 2013 - 2:15 am Reply

Love the shoes again and the whole style.

• GnTstyle